The following events may affect supplemental insurance and/or State Health Plan eligibility, but, except for death, typically do not affect monthly retirement benefits or the $10,000 Contributory Death Benefit coverage:
- You change your legal marital status, which includes marriage, death of spouse, divorce, legal separation, or annulment.
- Your dependents change due to birth, adoption, placement for adoption, or death of the dependent.
- You, your spouse, or your dependents terminate or commence employment.
- You, your spouse, or your dependents reduce or increase their hours of employment.
- Your dependents cease or commence to satisfy the requirements for coverage due to attainment of age or
attainment or loss of their own employer-sponsored health care coverage.
- You, your spouse, or your dependents commence or return from an unpaid leave of absence such as family
and medical leave or military leave.
- You receive a court order to provide coverage for your children.